Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
London
:eek: FrostyPlace is GONE!!! As the other thread describes, all Emoji Apps have been/will be pulled/forced to revise. I used FrostyPlace to get Emoji on my iPhone, but today when I went to put it on my iPod Touch seeing as this is the last chance b4 an update, I noticed that it was gone.

Has Apple used the "App Kill Switch" they talked about at the launch of the App Store?? :confused::eek::mad::(

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
London
Wow I'm an idiot....I forgot that the App name was in Japanese and didn't scroll all the way down in my long list of Apps. Sorry. Mods can delete.

It does make you wonder though, will Apple have to use the App Removal Button eventually??

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
It does make you wonder though, will Apple have to use the App Removal Button eventually??

I suppose they reserve that power to use it against malicious apps that accidently got through the verification process.

They won't use the kill switch on apps like Frosty Place that only enable emoji(not that I would think so, anyways).
If they did do that, then there won't be Tris and Netshare still running around :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.