Did Apple pull OS X 10.6.3 update away?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
So, I was searching for OS X 10.6.3 update because someone had problems installing the one which came with Software Update (said after downloading that can't be expended) so when I opened Apple - Downloads there was no OS X 10.6.3! Only 10.6.2 and some other updates but no 10.6.3!

So, have anyone else had issues installing it? Can anyone else find it from Apple's site anymore?

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
So, I was searching for OS X 10.6.3 update because someone had problems installing the one which came with Software Update (said after downloading that can't be expended) so when I opened Apple - Downloads there was no OS X 10.6.3! Only 10.6.2 and some other updates but no 10.6.3!

So, have anyone else had issues installing it? Can anyone else find it from Apple's site anymore?

Right under support :

http://support.apple.com/downloads/

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I think they're moved to the downloads section a bit later. Whenever I downloaded an update, it was always from the support page so I can't confirm or say that past updates have always been found on the downloads page.

Senor360

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
10.6.3 question..

Well.. I finally kicked off the backup this morning of 10.6.3, and it seemed to be downloading and install it and 5 other updates. Now I've been sitting, staring at a blue screen with the little swirling dashes (in a circle) for the last 30 minutes. Should it be taking this long? :confused: If it's stuck and I need to power off/on, let me know. Thanks

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Well.. I finally kicked off the backup this morning of 10.6.3, and it seemed to be downloading and install it and 5 other updates. Now I've been sitting, staring at a blue screen with the little swirling dashes (in a circle) for the last 30 minutes. Should it be taking this long? :confused: If it's stuck and I need to power off/on, let me know. Thanks
Shouldn't take that long. Force it to shut down (hold the power button) and restart it. If it still hangs, see this

Senor360

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2007
whew..

Shouldn't take that long. Force it to shut down (hold the power button) and restart it. If it still hangs, see this
I lucked out. After I powered it down and brought it back up, seems like everything is back to normal. Anything I should check for to make sure?

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
I lucked out. After I powered it down and brought it back up, seems like everything is back to normal. Anything I should check for to make sure?
Download and install the 10.6.3 combo update. It won't do any harm if there's nothing left to update. I've always used the combo update (since we have four Macs) and never had any problems

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
I think they're moved to the downloads section a bit later. Whenever I downloaded an update, it was always from the support page so I can't confirm or say that past updates have always been found on the downloads page.
Is there a difference between "downloads" and "support downloads"? Because the latter is where I found the combo update.