Did Apple pull OS X 10.6.3 update away?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hellhammer, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

So, I was searching for OS X 10.6.3 update because someone had problems installing the one which came with Software Update (said after downloading that can't be expended) so when I opened Apple - Downloads there was no OS X 10.6.3! Only 10.6.2 and some other updates but no 10.6.3!

So, have anyone else had issues installing it? Can anyone else find it from Apple's site anymore?

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Right under support :

http://support.apple.com/downloads/

3. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I think they're moved to the downloads section a bit later. Whenever I downloaded an update, it was always from the support page so I can't confirm or say that past updates have always been found on the downloads page.

5. Senor360 macrumors regular

Senor360

10.6.3 question..

Well.. I finally kicked off the backup this morning of 10.6.3, and it seemed to be downloading and install it and 5 other updates. Now I've been sitting, staring at a blue screen with the little swirling dashes (in a circle) for the last 30 minutes. Should it be taking this long? :confused: If it's stuck and I need to power off/on, let me know. Thanks

6. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Shouldn't take that long. Force it to shut down (hold the power button) and restart it. If it still hangs, see this

7. Senor360 macrumors regular

Senor360

whew..

I lucked out. After I powered it down and brought it back up, seems like everything is back to normal. Anything I should check for to make sure?

8. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Download and install the 10.6.3 combo update. It won't do any harm if there's nothing left to update. I've always used the combo update (since we have four Macs) and never had any problems

9. omeletpants macrumors regular

Just downloaded it through software update and everything is fine

10. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Is there a difference between "downloads" and "support downloads"? Because the latter is where I found the combo update.