Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domcole

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Hi all,

Just been browsing through this website and when I was looking about the rumor about the iPhone with a black glossy rounded back cover I saw something about a 4gb model. I've looked on the Apple website and I couldn't see anything, looked on eBay.co.uk and I found a handful of 4gb models, wether they are legitimate or not I don't know. Having said that there was one person selling a few and he had more than 500 positive feedback so I'm sure he wouldn't risk selling a fake.

Could someone clear this up for me?

Heres the link if this helps http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APPLE-iPHONE-...rkparms=72:12|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

And hello everyone, I've just joined and this is my first post! Hope to speak to some of you on here in the near future!

domcole

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Yes there was at one time a 4gb model but it was discountinued cause everybody bought the 8gb.

Yes from June 2007 to September 2007, but they didn't sell that well.

Hi guys, thanks for that. Didn't have a clue! Will be able to get one off eBay for well under £200 which is pretty good.

Is it worth waiting till later on this year to see what Apple release? I think I'm waiting a little longer to see if they bring out a new range of laptops. They've just brought out a 3 something GHz iMac I believe.

Actually, just remembered if this helps anyone- my Dad's company was just about to renew their contract phones with o2, they were going to get a few iPhones but o2 said they wont sell the company any because there is a new model/update coming out later on this year...Just answered my own question :eek:

Thanks.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
What?

Yes from June 2007 to September 2007, but they didn't sell that well.

What are you talking about? Didn't sell that well in comparison to the 8 gig model or in comparison to other phones? Both models seemed to fly off the shelves.

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
The 4gig model came out with the 8gig model. On the first day of sales of the Iphone most AT&T stores only had a few 8gig models and a bunch of the 4gig ones. When they sold out of the 8's everyone took the 4's. Needless to say the 4gig wasn't all that popular and most people wanted the larger memory because all MAC nuts have to have the first and the best. I had to take the 4gig one because I couldn't get to my AT&T store until 5pm on the release date. When the new one comes out I will pass this on to my son and get the larger one so I can get all my music and podcasts on it and do away with my ipod.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
i bought a 4gb iphone the day they came out! sold it a few months later, didn't have an iphone, then bought an 8gb one, just sold it... now ordered a 16gb one.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Needless to say the 4gig wasn't all that popular and most people wanted the larger memory because all MAC nuts have to have the first and the best. I had to take the 4gig one because I couldn't get to my AT&T store until 5pm on the release date.

All the Mac nuts? This from the guy who was apparently rushing to get there on release day...

Wait, wasn't it introduced at 6pm?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.