Did Apple remove autocorrect for its own product names?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mcdj, Oct 26, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Prior to ios 6, the iPhone and iPad would autocorrect iphone to iPhone and ipad to iPad, iCloud, ios, etc. It no longer seems to.

Your experience?

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

on my iphone - its still autocorrects for iphone and ipad at least. Im running ios 6

3. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

I'm on my iPad with iOS 6.

It still autocorrects product names.

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

iPhone iPad iCloud iOS iPod iMac MacBook Apple TV

Apparently still works for me. This is on an iPhone 5 though, not a phone upgraded to iOS 6. I no longer have one of those to test with.

5. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Funnily enough, the other day my iPhone didn't autocorrect ipad to iPad. But I think that was a one off, because it does now.

6. J.C macrumors 6502

I noticed this too but it seemed to sort itself out for me. No problems currently.

7. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I was texting tonight and it didn't autocorrect iphone and iPad. And oddly, it didn't do iphone either time in this post, yet did in my above post. Weird.

8. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

I've noticed that it's hit or miss lately. Same in mountain lion. Can't figure it out.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Autocorrect has been messed up since iOS 6 came out. It seems to work OK after a restart but fades after that. Same thing with keyboard shortcuts. Very annoying.

10. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Nope, I was talking to my friend about my new AirPort Extreme, and I was typing it like "Airport Extreme" and it changed it to "AirPort Extreme" every time.

"iOS" is hit and miss though, sometimes it changes it into something completely wrong, lol.

11. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

12. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it's hit or miss with me. however it seems to have fixed itself somewhat. it will correct itself with text, email, and typing in safari however when googling something it does not? :confused:

13. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

It never autocorrects in the google search box.

Autocorrect works fine for me with all Apple products. iPhone, iPad, iPod, iMac, iBook, MacBook. See? :p

If you have consistently told it not to correct one of them, it might stop for you. If you find it a problem, reset the keyboard dictionary. I had an issue a while back where I made one stupid typo, that it then thought I wanted to type all the time. I reset the keyboard dictionary, and it was fine again.

14. SnowDX macrumors 6502

The issue is not that it's stopping entirely for me. It's that it does it sometimes and doesn't sometimes.

iPhone iPad iPhone - see worked fine just now but in my post above it did NOT auto correct, and in my post above that it DID.

And I have never hit the X on auto correcting Apple product names.