Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
I have it on both my iPad and iPod Touch. I wanted to download it on my iPhone and I cannot seem to find it. Did they remove it?

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
I have it on both my iPad and iPod Touch. I wanted to download it on my iPhone and I cannot seem to find it. Did they remove it?

Probably. You may still find it under App Store > Downloads > Purchased. You can also try syncing your devices with iTunes on OS X or Windows and then sync the app to your iPhone.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Probably. You may still find it under App Store > Downloads > Purchased. You can also try syncing your devices with iTunes on OS X or Windows and then sync the app to your iPhone.

I went there and it is not... Weird.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
I read somewhere it is gone. The links awhile back to get it are also not working anymore.

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
Your guess is a good as mine.

Personally I did use the app from time to time but would hardly call it intuitive or a pleasure to use.

The Photos app is the future, really the present, of photo management for iOS and OS X devices. iPhoto has been phased out on both platforms once Photos was up and running.

leroypants

Suspended
Jul 17, 2010
Apple removed it with the IOS 8 update and in the process stole tens of millions of dollars from people who paid for the app. They replaced it with a vastly inferior product, which has far less functionality and usefulness.

Reactions: Huck and jdiamond

jozeppy26

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
St. Louis
Apple removed it with the IOS 8 update and in the process stole tens of millions of dollars from people who paid for the app. They replaced it with a vastly inferior product, which has far less functionality and usefulness.

I've given up on Apple being even remotely capable of managing user photos in a way that makes any logical sense. I absolutely hate how I have to use an app to access my photos on my Mac because iPhoto and photos create a pointless database file of my photos rather than organizing them in folders intelligently like iTunes.

Reactions: Huck and jdiamond

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I've given up on Apple being even remotely capable of managing user photos in a way that makes any logical sense. I absolutely hate how I have to use an app to access my photos on my Mac because iPhoto and photos create a pointless database file of my photos rather than organizing them in folders intelligently like iTunes.
That database is in fact a folder. You just cannot access it through normal ways in finder, but not file explorer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.