Did Apple remove iPhoto from the App Store?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FeliApple, Apr 26, 2015.

1. FeliApple macrumors 6502

I have it on both my iPad and iPod Touch. I wanted to download it on my iPhone and I cannot seem to find it. Did they remove it?

2. KALLT macrumors 601

Probably. You may still find it under App Store > Downloads > Purchased. You can also try syncing your devices with iTunes on OS X or Windows and then sync the app to your iPhone.

3. FeliApple thread starter macrumors 6502

I went there and it is not... Weird.

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

I read somewhere it is gone. The links awhile back to get it are also not working anymore.

5. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

iPhoto for iOS was removed some time ago.

Edit: it was seemingly discontinued when iOS 8 launched.

6. FeliApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Why did they discontinue it?

7. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Your guess is a good as mine.

Personally I did use the app from time to time but would hardly call it intuitive or a pleasure to use.

8. eww7633 macrumors regular

The Photos app is the future, really the present, of photo management for iOS and OS X devices. iPhoto has been phased out on both platforms once Photos was up and running.

9. leroypants Suspended

Apple removed it with the IOS 8 update and in the process stole tens of millions of dollars from people who paid for the app. They replaced it with a vastly inferior product, which has far less functionality and usefulness.

10. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

I've given up on Apple being even remotely capable of managing user photos in a way that makes any logical sense. I absolutely hate how I have to use an app to access my photos on my Mac because iPhoto and photos create a pointless database file of my photos rather than organizing them in folders intelligently like iTunes.

11. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

That database is in fact a folder. You just cannot access it through normal ways in finder, but not file explorer.