Did Apple send me a used mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by that1guyy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. that1guyy, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

that1guyy macrumors 6502

I'll keep it short. This is my fourth rmbp in the last month and a half because each previous one was defective with the yellow uneven crap that is plaguing the macbooks these days. The current one is also kind of yellow but I need to do more testing to see if its within reason. I am not going to settle for a defective computer.

Anyways, I picked up the latest one today and I find a couple of very odd things. First, there was already a bookmark or favorite in safari. How is that possible?

Although I do not remember bookmarking that page, the topic was an article I wrote a paper about for college so is it possible a favorite/bookmark got transferred over automatically? I did enter my apple id when I first launched the computer so is this possible or is this used?

Second thing I noticed was that Flash player was already installed on this mac. Each of the three previous macs said "missing plugin" when trying to watch Youtube and I had to install the Flash player from Adobe. So this strongly worries me that Apple gave me a used computer.

What do you think and any similar experiences?

ps. Sorry its not short. I tried.

EDIT: Very strange. I can't find flash installed on my computer and when I go to Adobe's site to check if I have it they say its not installed. But YouTube and Vimeo both run on flash and the videos load fine! I know its not html5 being used because youtube has an optional html 5 player as a beta testing tool to try out. So what the heck is happening and what is running the videos? Super confused. Someone please shed a light as I would hate to return another computer.

2. fortheus macrumors regular

Bookmarks got transferred from icloud. Regarding flash, it's likely the website got updated to use html 5

3. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

okay lets go over this

why would apple send you a mac... with bookmarks already on it. Not just any bookmarks, for a paper YOU wrote. Then you said you signed in with your apple ID.

No they did not send you a used mac. If it was used everything would be wiped so there wouldn't be a flash player installed in the first place.