Did Apple stop selling the 2015 MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 7, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

People keep complaining about ports and stuff. I went on Apple's website and they are still selling the 2015 MBP with the function keys and the legacy ports. People act like Apple can't sell two MBPs at once when they've done so for quite awhile. What am I missing?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

It's still "old" hardware and people want the newest tech while still having those old ports. You can also make an argument if you wanted a CD drive go buy the 2012 Macbook Pro they were selling up until recently..... Wouldn't be smart to do tho still.

3. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

most of the people aren't real happy about the 2016 prices but if the price was lower NO one would of complained about no ports like USB, HDMI, MagSafe charger...low specs....etc

4. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

2015 MBP performance isn't that much worse than the current machine tbqh. So there is honestly no need to upgrade a 2015 model machine unless you are changing display size.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

People like to complain.

6. CpGER macrumors newbie

I would love to buy a 2015 Macbook Pro and yes it is still in store but they didn't adjust the prices.

The Hardware in the 2015 Macbook Pro is old and even before the new Macbook 2015 came out the laptop was massively overpriced.

If Apple drops the price of the 2015 Macbook Pro between 25-30% I would buy it in a heartbeat but now I am stuck with two choices.

Buy a overpriced, aged, portable laptop or do I buy a overpriced, non-portable(dongles), new, laptop with a crap keyboard and a dozens of dongles to it.

This leaves me with really great choices.

Edit: Spending 2500> Euro for a laptop should not feel like a visit to a SM Studio.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Buy a refurb then. Or find one on sale from a 3rd party. B&H photo had some good deals earlier this year.

And to be totally honest, is this old hardware unable to perform a certain task that you require? From what I understand, Skylake isn't that much faster than Broadwell(13" 2015 rMBP) or Haswell(15" 2015 rMBP).

Just based on historical data, I seriously doubt Apple will be dropping the price of anything by 25-30%

8. CpGER macrumors newbie

A refurb model is for me not possible because I live in germany and I need an US-EN keyboard for coding. It is not possible to get such laptop on the refurb site.
    So my only choice would be importing from the US carrying the risk of transportation and even worse pay 19% import taxes for it.

The problem is not the performance of the hardware it is what the hardware is worth in euro. I can in no way justify the price with the hardware in it.

9. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

Best price I've seen on the 2015 model (8gb/128gb) is at MicroCenter for $1,099.

I suspect we may see even lower prices for Black Friday, and perhaps a -slight- price drop (at least at the retail level) after January 1st.

The -new- MBPro's are selling briskly at the moment, but that has as much to do with "pent up demand" as anything else.
    I'm wondering if the sales curve for the new models will drop off more quickly than in the past, and if the 2015 models will remain strong sellers?

I'm still using a 2010 13" MBPro, but waiting for the right moment -- to buy one of the 2015's.
    I -want- the "legacy ports", and I definitely prefer the "old" keyboard.
    I don't foresee any personal need for USB-c for at least another 4-5 years, in any case.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Unfortunate that isn't an option.

I'm not saying that I disagree. I do think Apple should have adjusted prices. But they didn't, so this is what we've got.