Did Apple Take Down The iPhone 4.0.1 Update????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harcosparky, Jul 16, 2010.

1. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I heard they released iPhone OS 4.0.1

Now I am one of the millions NOT having a signal strength problem, no matter how I hold the phone. I honestly tried to get the problem to show up, I made sure my skin was making contact across all antenna surfaces and could not duplicate the issue.

I hooked my iPhone 4 up to the computer to update some content and was expecting to see it tell me the software update was ready.

All I got was this ....

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

Did you actually click to check for an update? Mine didn't pop up, I had to manually check.

3. 1stalban macrumors member

Still There

Attempted update earlier. It gave an estimated time of 2 hours to download so I left and came back closer to 3 hours later and it still said 2 hours. I quit it and restarted and it immediately went to a 2 hour estimate again and hung up there for about 15 mins. I just ended it and figured I'd come back later. Don't want to risk it screwing up my phone! :eek:

4. harcosparky thread starter macrumors 68020

No and in my past three iPhones I never had to do that.

I'm not looking to do the update, just wondered why it did not show up automatically as it has in the past.

My phone is working flawlessly so far.

5. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

My phone was working perfectly, but I decided to do the update, anyway. I plugged up my phone, clicked check for updates (or whatever the piss it says), took three hours to download it (which was odd), & everything went flawlessly when I installed it.

You're not missing out on anything. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

It checks for updates every seven days. Updates are not "pushed," so you need to click "check for updates" if it hasn't checked lately. I don't remember it not being this way.

7. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

^THIS