Did Apple Turn Off Maps/GPS/Geotagging in Aperture & iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HUGE AL, Jul 5, 2015.

1. HUGE AL macrumors regular

Was just trying to tag some photos in Aperture 3.4.5 that didn't have a location and this is now not possible. Went over to iPhoto and the same blank map was there.

Is my solution to get HoudahGeo?

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Apple didn't turn Geotagging/GPS/Map off just yet. I check with mine and it still works fine. I don't know how to get it work sorry.

3. HUGE AL thread starter macrumors regular

That's weird. I also checked in iPhoto (which I never use, but still have an old library stored there) and the maps are completely blank.

Nobody else has noticed this?

[Though I wouldn't be surprised as I was in that random group that couldn't edit iPhoto pictures without the program creating multiple master images of whatever I was trying to edit.]

4. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Me too! I am running OSX Snow Leopard and the last update for iPhoto. Definitely strange though. I had maps for a second or two and then it is blank and maps is unresponsive. I have a flag in the bottom left corner in which I cannot access.

5. HUGE AL thread starter macrumors regular

I have the issue on three different machines with different libraries running Mountain Lion and Yosemite. It's happening in iPhoto and Aperture.

After three hours with a senior advisor at AppleCare, the issue was escalated to Engineering. :(

6. HUGE AL thread starter macrumors regular

After 2+ MONTHS, Apple Engineering figured out that Google has pulled the API for all pre-Mavericks versions of iPhoto and Aperture. :mad:

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Well past time to move off of Aperture and iPhoto anyway.

8. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Thanks for the heads up.