Did Apple tweak the colors slightly on iOS 7.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by saintforlife, Jul 29, 2014.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

The blues look slightly lighter and the colors in the calendar also look different. Somehow I am liking this new color scheme, looks more elegant...unless it has always been like this and I am only paying attention now.

2. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

I have been asking myself this question....and I think they have, but that was probably in the first update that they made the colors more subtle.

It also depends what screen I'm looking at. If I look at my iPad mini (original, does not have retina display) the color of...let's say the messages app, is not that bright. When I look at my iPod touch (5th gen, has retina display) the greens are definitely brighter and scream 'look at me'. When I look at my iPhone 4 (has retina display) the greens and other colors are halfway between how they look on my iPad and how they look on my iPod touch.

I guess it's a thing of displays and their variations. I don't think too much of it.

-Juan

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't either. Does anyone have any screenshots of 7.1.1 so we can compare?

4. ajay96 macrumors 6502

I think things like the green in the messages app. I noticed it awhile back comparing to 7.0.6.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Something of that nature did change in 7.1, but nothing really since (in 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 so far).

6. ajay96 macrumors 6502

Yeah I noticed from 7.0 to 7.1 but nothing really recently.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to set two devices next to each to compare as the backlights in each device can have different color temps and they can and do vary.