Did Apple Watch Announcement

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Crosspjc, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Crosspjc macrumors member

Feb 15, 2015
    Make you more interested in traditional watches?

I have been looking at antique watches since the announcement. I am now very tempted to buy a 1960s Omega seamaster deville as well as an apple watch.

Anyone else experienced the same?
  2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    I did think about digging out my battery-depleted watch that I've not worn in years thanks to the iPhone, but figured why bother if it'll be relegated to the drawer again once I get the Apple Watch. Buying a new traditional watch makes even less sense because we'll all have become accustomed to a smartwatch and can't function without it.
  3. Crosspjc thread starter macrumors member

Feb 15, 2015
    That is what is holding me back. Will I be so dependent on the AW that I won't want to wear another watch? Don't want to buy a traditional watch just for it to sit in a case.
  4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    I predict that's what will happen to most people, and it's why Switzerland is in trouble in the long run.
  5. AngusW macrumors 6502

Jun 19, 2013
    I'm still going to keep a couple of real watches as back up. One for sentimental reasons, the other because pocket watches are cool.
  6. cleirac, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

cleirac macrumors 6502

May 7, 2014
    When I was into watches and dreaming about getting one, it was always during the period I cannot afford it. And whenever, I have the chance or can afford it, it was always, I have had to make a choice and went the other way. In short, not a must-have and I can live without it.

When I became a full-time wanderlust traveling the world and a minimalist (except for my Apple gadgets fixes and clothes), no more dreaming of a grand house or fancy, luxury race cars or watches or any material things (again other than my travel accessories - which are my iGadgets and clothes). AW is the only reason why I am going to wear a watch again. It is a must and fits in perfectly with my passion and principle in life now.
  7. noobinator macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
    I am less interested in traditional watches since smart watches came out.
  8. Armen macrumors 604

Apr 30, 2013
    I own a Omega Planet Ocean but am looking forward to the Apple watch.
  9. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Sep 7, 2014
    At the Apple Store
    If I buy a watch, I want it to be functional. I don't want some expensive jewelry watch, I would rather have a $50 Timex or a smartwatch of some sort.
  10. al256 macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2001
    The wait for Apple to release their watch did turn my attention to Rolex watches. I did find out there were limited productions of left handed watches but to get my hands on one seems impossible. This "replica" is the closest I can get to having one. http://www.allswisswatch.eu/rolex-v...a-di-stato-left-hand-edtiion-swiss-watch.html

I'm just not sure if it's worth it or maybe purchasing a date-less submariner and having its dial flipped.
  11. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Oct 14, 2011
    Well, it did make me want to find my grandfather's old pocket watch.
  12. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Sep 20, 2014
  13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Dec 15, 2013
    New York