Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLuvMyUBMPB24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Repairing permissions is still coming up with errors in the log?? I thought after doing this, would give me a clean OS?? I'm so confused.:confused:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Reading logs that you don't understand does not mean that you need to take actions that are unnecessary. Incorrect permissions is a minor problem that is fixed when you install many new applications.

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I've been through periods when I've had permissions that wouldn't seem to get fixed, but its not a problem unless something is actually causing you a problem.

I hope you didn't do an archive and install just because you couldn't get permission repair to come back empty! If everything is working fine, then you HAVE a 'clean OS.'

iLuvMyUBMPB24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
I've been through periods when I've had permissions that wouldn't seem to get fixed, but its not a problem unless something is actually causing you a problem.

I hope you didn't do an archive and install just because you couldn't get permission repair to come back empty! If everything is working fine, then you HAVE a 'clean OS.'

Oh no, I had many problems which lead me to doing the A/I just wanted to make sure that still seeing errors in the log was a normal thing after the install

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.