Did AT&T Order You A iPhone From The Store ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarSeide, Jul 11, 2008.

1. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I was wondering if at&t ordered you a iPhone from the store today. I wanted the White 16GB for myself and my wife but the store didnt have them in stock today. They never got them from Apple for some reason.

Did at&t order you a phone directly from fulfillment center ?

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Nope. They told me they don't have the black 16GB anymore and told me that I could get the white one or black 8GBp or leave...:mad:

3. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Yes, they ordered one for me. I had to act today because i needed to return the phone i bought 28 days ago!! After tomorrow, i'd be out the nice price. They didn't tell me how long it would take to ship to the store. I don't care. I just don't want the stress of going back there tomorrow and stand on line again.

4. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

They offered to do a "direct fulfillment" order. My wife just went over to the apple store and picked up my phone from there instead...I"m not patient enough to wait 7 days.

5. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I just checked status of my 2 orders, BACK ORDERED !!!!!!!!! WTH Man !

6. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

WHAT..:eek:
    Wait, i just said i didn't care how long it would take. But back ordered!!! NO!!!!!!!

Did you order it online? or did the store do a fullfillment?

DID YOU GET AN EMAIL SAYING YOUR PHONE HAS BEEN ORDERED?

7. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

The store ordered it through Direct Fulfillment - 2 Separate Order (1 For Me, 1 For My Wife).

I just received and email but email was useless since the order status didnt give me any info. Then I called the number then they told me BACK ORDERED. How could this be ?

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Wow, I didn't expect that. The salespeople were suggesting to people to come back in the morning. I also read somewhere yesterday that people said not to order it in the store, that it would take too long. I guess they figure they got your business and who cares about getting you the phone. Like i said, i had to do it because i need to return the other phone. It was just easier to do this today. Oh well.

9. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Oh well for me as well.. .as long as its not extra month I have to wait, then its fine with me. I hope to have it soon...

10. barrysfarm macrumors regular

I know that the case may be different, but last year I went with the direct fulfillment on the friday and had it by the next tuesday.

Also, the status said "BACKORDERED" until it shipped. My guess is that AT&T's order status isn't very specific.

11. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

that makes me feel better. thank you

12. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Screw direct fulfillment. You should have just left and come back when they have stock. That's all they're doing - there is no special shipment, they just call you when they've got one for you. Every store in Seattle is getting daily shipments.

13. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

lol - did you freak out like I'm doing now :eek:

I waited in line too long without sleep for me to just walk out. I needed something in my hand and with a big old dent in my wallet. I walked with 2 receipts and I was happy.

14. barrysfarm macrumors regular

Yeah. Pretty Much.

15. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

so your telling me not to :eek: out and just :D and wait for :apple: to send me my iPhone. I will just be :cool: until I get it and I will feel :D

16. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

:)

17. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

come to think about it.. it was about 8:15 when I placed the order so I cant imagine AT&T or Apple selling out of the White 16GB from either fulfillment center. Just crossing my finger that I will get it by early next week.

18. kkj1961 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel my AT&T order if I'm able to track down an iphone at an Apple store tomorrow?

19. PrimeXample macrumors newbie

This is my only ray of sunshine

20. El Carbonite macrumors regular

You might have to find an iPhone at an AT&T store for them to cancel the DF - ask your store first though.

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

No but several friends have done so since the stores can't keep them in stock

They are getting impatient as they were all told different days

3, 4, 5, and 7 :confused:

22. Shortnsweet macrumors newbie

I ordered my white 16GB on Friday afternoon. I was told 7-10 days, but FedEx shows it will be delivering tomorrow. I hope everyone gets theirs earlier than expected. I had myself prepared to wait until next week.