Did AT&T unbox it for you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Craiger, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I have a thing about unboxing my apple products on my own time (slow and in awe at each step.) Did they unbox it for you with the 3GS on day 1 last year at AT&T or could you just take the box and leave?

2. outphase macrumors 65816

Unbox and activate for you. If you want to do it yourself, get it shipped.

3. otis123 macrumors 6502a

bestbuy unboxed mine, they just activated the phone, and switched my sim cards. unless you order it, you wont be the one to unbox it.

4. pika2000 macrumors 601

Yes, you could. Just tell them you'll activate at home by yourself. The rep might start unboxing it just because it's standard procedure, but just stop them and tell them you rather do it yourself at home. I did it with my 3GS, bought from a retail AT&T store. All AT&T need are the barcodes outside the box to register the phone with your account, no need to touch the phone itself.

5. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

yea I wasn't aware that they were going to open it up at the store since I knew you could just activate it yourself.. this time I know better

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

all they do is plug it into itunes to get the connect to itunes screen off right?

7. DifferentialApp macrumors regular

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

no

9. pika2000 macrumors 601

Why do they need to do that? The 3G iPad is prepaid, and you can enable it directly on the iPad itself at home. No need for anybody else to unbox/touch your iPad. ;)

10. DifferentialApp macrumors regular

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

When I bought my 3GS I told the guy I want to activate it myself later and he said no problem..