Did ATT just activate my service automatically?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hellomms, Oct 11, 2011.

1. hellomms macrumors regular

I signed up for ATT Wireless service for iPhone 4s, porting the number from TMO.

Past couple days when I called ATT Permier Support number it said "Your order has been process and will be shipped shortly".

I just called and the automated machine also said "...Your service is now acting, if you are transferring your number from another carrier, it will be active in 3 hours"

I got the activation number etc. when I placed an order for iPhone but I am FAR from getting it at the moment. I NEVER tried to activate. Does this mean my current number is going to stop working? What just happened?!!

2. j4bles macrumors member

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would call also.

4. Big Apple macrumors member

Same thing just happened to me when I checked my status. I won't be able to call tonight as calling hours are 8am-10pm so interested to know if you got a hold of them today and what was their reply.

5. aloecool macrumors regular

I also ported a number to add to my current account, and when I log in to myAT&T app this afternoon I noticed that it listed the number I was porting. I didn't think much of it at the time, but maybe now I should be worried!

6. hellomms thread starter macrumors regular

I called and they said that its not activated and it wont happen. My current phone is still working.

My other theory was that since iPhones come with SIM pre-installed, may be thats what happened, someone programmed/installed it :)