Did bluetooth kill my MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by madebyjac, Jan 29, 2008.

1. madebyjac macrumors newbie

I shut down my MacBook Saturday, and Sunday morning it would not turn on again. The last thing I did before shutting down was buy and connect a bluetooth mouse. This was probably the first time I ever shut down the computer with bluetooth power still on, so I'm suspicious that this may be the culprit. The display, hard drive, sleep-light, fans, and CD-drive still function, but the display remains black, and I cannot boot from a CD or anything like that. The folks at the Genius Bar think my logic board is dead, but since I am no longer under warranty, I'd prefer to know if there's a simpler solution, such as power management. Has anyone heard of anything like this happening before? Do you think that bluetooth power could so thoroughly kill my machine, or is this just a coincidence?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Yeah.

And since you're not under warranty anymore... well... be prepared to pay a hefty amount to have it replaced.

4. rogair macrumors member

Sounds like MLB to me too. Try hooking it up to an external display, but I doubt you'll get an image. Does it chime?

5. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007