Did Default Case Go Out of Business?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Resist, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I've been trying to contact Default Case with a warranty issue for my iPhone 4 case, but they haven't replied back to my many emails. When I tried calling them, I got their automated service but nobody answered. This is starting to make me believe they have or are going under. Has anyone else experienced this with them?

2. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a

Is this the same company that sold paint-peeling cases for a few bucks ?

3. yrrej macrumors regular

not sure but you can find those same cases on ebay for a few bucks. probably worth it to just buy a new one?

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Finally got through to them today. They said their email system was down and their phones were busy. For my trouble they are sending me 2 extra cases for free, besides a replacement for my current case.

They used to sell these cases for a penny and now they are $5, but they made money on the expensive per case shipping charge. True these cases don't last as long as $30 cases but Default will replace theirs for free anytime and are of a minimalistic design with decent coverage on the phone. If you drop your phone a lot I probably wouldn't use this case, but for normal every day use it makes for an inexpensive alternative. There is no protection on the top or bottom only the back and sides, with only a lip edge around the front. It doesn't add much thickness to your phone, which I like.