Did everyone in US Apple Stores get an iPhone on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcguin2000, Nov 1, 2007.

1. mcguin2000 macrumors member

Right,

I'm trying to figure out where to go next Friday in the UK.

What i want to know is, did any Apple Stores in US sell out on launch day. if not I'll assume that the store on Regent Street won't sell out and I'm happy to go there even though I can't get there until after 6. Failing that I might have to risk going to an O2 store who might only have a few!

Let us UK buyers know if you can!

2. aphexii macrumors 6502

Pretty much everywhere sold out on Launch Day (the only exception might be the flagship 5th ave store in NYC)

The Apple Stores did however restock VERY quickly, the one near me had a new shipment 2-3 days after launch.

3. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

the only advantage to going to an O2 store, is that a lot of people dont think of going there so they may only have a few, but there may only be a few people in line. Thats how it was for the att stores in the states, but it may be different in the UK. Good luck and have fun with it. Launches are so much fun!

4. Geffen macrumors 6502

I didnt hear of too many of the Apple stores selling out of the iPhones, I did hear some AT&T stores sold out since they were not well stocked, some AT&T stores didnt have many people in line while other AT&T stores that didnt have Apple stores in their city there were lines. I'm sure if you get there early enough to be in line you'll get an iPhone.

5. sneeks macrumors 6502a

The member of staff I chatted with in a O2 store said they had been told to expect more than enough stock on launch day as Apple were keen to avoid the low stock levels experienced during the US launch.

Perhaps with the French release date having changed more of the stock that would have been used there was reallocated for UK and Germany?

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

In my area, only the ATT stores sold out. I picked my iPhone up on day 2 of availability with no problems at all. The other two Apple stores in my state both had stock on day 2 as well.

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Very few stores sold out on release night.

The 4 stores that are within an hour of me all had iPhone available the following day.

8. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

The stores by me didn't sell out until Tuesday / Wednesday and had stock again on Friday.

I wouldn't worry about it.

9. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

I've booked the night off since we have two o2 shops at my mall and 2 carphones and a apple store plus I wrk at a mobile phone store so its gna be dead prolly n loud Grrrr but I have my phonecalready

10. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Like people have already said, pretty much every store with iPhones ATT or Apple, sold out here in America on launch day. I would expect for them to sell out over there too. If you really want it on launch day, show up early. If not you might have to wait 3-5 days for the stores to get more in. Either way, I don't think you will have a problem getting one during the initial launch week.

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I walked into my Apple store at around 8pm, after the crowd had died down (a bit) and was able to get one without trouble. They still had a ton of them. I don't know if that helps or not, but I didn't have to wait in line for a hundred hours. Literally 5 minutes to get in and out.

12. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Except they didn't. ATT did, but Apple stores (in major areas) were well stocked through Sunday. I remember because while I bought my iphone on iDay, I checked my local stores because I was curious how it was selling. In metro-NYC (including Northern NJ) no one was showing sold out until late Saturday, and bigger stores were showing inventory until Sunday evening. IIRC, the 5th ave store was able to sell over 1,000 iphones in under 3 hours and still had enough stock for the weekend. So I'd say anytime during the launch weekend you're covered.

13. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I know of two Apple stores in Socal that sold out on the night at around 8-9pm.

14. brisully macrumors member

I thought I would be sneaky and head to a newly opened AT&T store. They only had 24 iPhones 0 12 of each flavor. When they sold out, I went to a different AT&T store and they also sold out. I called the Apple Store near me and they remarked that they had plenty. I was able to get one at 9:00 P.M. with no line.

I would definitely go to an Apple Store over O2

15. ripkord macrumors 6502

Was in a store in glasgow today and they said they are receving "a quarter" of phones in and not to worry... I said wtf is a quarter and he said 200!

:)

16. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Was that an O2 shop or CPW? I assume that it wasn't the Apple Store. 200 for an Apple store on launch day is a paltry amount.

17. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

My local Apple Store didn't sell out, either. The local AT&T stores had one or two left.

18. Chakalaka macrumors member

i think its regional but in Southern California, phone was sold out in 2 days

19. aphexii macrumors 6502

Well down here everywhere was gone.

20. ripkord macrumors 6502

yeah 02 store

21. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

all the at&t stores in charleston sold out on launch day. i was 5th in line with about 140 people or so and i think they had about 75 or so in stock.

22. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

The store in Sherman Oaks sold out in just over 2 hours.

23. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

right. Some areas did, some did not.

I ended up waiting til about 4 days after launch and 3 of the 4 Apple stores in my area were sold out.

24. casjohnr macrumors regular

I'll be going to Meadowhall and will loiter around the Apple store.

There is also a o2 store and a CPW so hopefully not too many issues. I doubt the demand will be MEGA because of the contract (Of couse, I'm buying mine and unlocking it... :rolleyes:)

If I sit outside the Apple store can I use their Wifi for free? Thinking of taking my laptop to pass the time

25. mcguin2000 thread starter macrumors member

From what's been said I'm guessing the flagship store on Regent Street should have plenty for everybody so I think I'll head there even if it's after 6!

Thanks for your help.