iPhone Did Facebook Fix Their Battery Suckage?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bushido, Dec 23, 2015.

1. bushido Suspended

bushido

I tried using the mobile site over the last month but the data usage is going through the roof cuz the whole site keeps reloading from scratch as soon as i just leave safari for a few seconds so i was wondering if it "save" to use the app again or if its still a battery hog

2. canesalato macrumors 6502a

canesalato

it's better, compared to how it used to be...

3. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I just learned they're also cheating with advertisers. For example if I click on any video link and it forces me to watch an ad first, I always close the page and move on. What happens in the Facebook app is, I close the page, and continue to scroll however the ad is still playing even though I pressed X. While you might think the ad is on a different page that you closed out of, the ad continues to play (audio only) in the background. I'm guessing they do this to show advertisers that people watch their entire video. So 1: they're lying about how many people watch the ads and 2: While you think you pressed X to cancel the ad, it's still sucking your bandwidth. Dirty little group at FB.

4. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

5. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

i just tried the app again they seem to have removed the open in safari option as well. those sneaky bastards

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Facebook free since the beginning and proud of it

7. bushido thread starter Suspended

bushido

just tried it, first impression is great! even got touchid lock. thx

8. H3boy macrumors regular

H3boy

Tap on share and the option is in that menu.

9. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I've found I can click the bar at the top of the screen, that will copy the URL for me. Then I switch to Safari, paste the URL and enjoy the content without annoying ads.