Did Gutenprint ruin something?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luiiyuui, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Luiiyuui macrumors newbie

Hello! New in Mac, installing apps and trying to get old stuff to work. One printer works well, but other, Canon MP160 did not have drivers, so I installed Gutenprint. But that also did not help. I tried two times installing it and then removed Gutenprint as printer refused to do anything. What I need to know is, did it leave anything nasty or such behind? I heard Gutenprint is well known, but now I'm worried it was garbage. Or version I got was garbage.

Site I used:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then Canon printer said something about wrong or mistake made during installation and wanted to do changes.

[​IMG]

I then downloaded uninstaller
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I installed it twice, I also removed it twice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just want to know if this looks like legitimate software and it did not leave behind anything bad or cause damage? I hope it was just my printer not accepting what is wide known software, but I got worried. At this point I don't even care of not getting the old printer working with Mac, I just need to know I experimented with legitimate safe software and did not end up with some sort of malware that carried its name. Seeing my printer go weird, not working and the light blinking and not letting me shut it down without pulling the cord just made me nervous.

2. Bobmoros macrumors newbie

Isn't Sourceforge suspicious site? I tried to google grimprint site and it seems with reputation, but can someone else advise what to do? I kinda need something to get old printer working, but are the site urls depicted on those screenshots safe?