Did he hive a refurbished iphone4????

Black.Infinity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Apple tree-Toronto
today i went to apple store to change my iphone4 and he did but he gave me the iphone out a black box not new iphone original box and actually there was a sticker on the box for opening so he had to cut it and then he put my old iphone into that box and i even asked him is the iphone new or refurbished and he said there in no refurbished cuz iphone came a week ago but still I'm worried

iUser4Lyfe

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Does your phone work better than the one you traded in? If so why does this even matter? Christ..

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Wow! That's a mouthful OP! It's a new phone but it's stock reserved for replacements.

Comment

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

As long as the iP4 that you received as a replacement is working better than the one you exchanged it with, enjoy the phone mate, and don't worry about what kind of box it came out of. ;)

Comment

Black.Infinity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Apple tree-Toronto
Does your phone work better than the one you traded in? If so why does this even matter? Christ..
thanks for reply

the reason i went to apple store was for death-grip and apple guu showed me his phone and his phone was like my phone he had less signal
the phone came with ios4 and i think but maybe I'm wrong but i had better signal than i updated to4.1

Comment

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
thanks for reply

the reason i went to apple store was for death-grip and apple guu showed me his phone and his phone was like my phone he had less signal
the phone came with ios4 and i think but maybe I'm wrong but i had better signal than i updated to4.1
iOS 4.0.1 will typically display fewer service bars, but the actual signal strength is unchanged. It merely displays a more accurate count of bars.

Comment

miki66

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
IL
refurbished phone is almost always as good as new one or if you're not feeling safe, take it to apple store for replacement

Comment

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Strong run-on sentence. I'm actually not even sure what you're talking about.

Comment

SophiaLee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Well with all the people swapping their iphones out for any and every reason, refurbs were bound to start popping up soon. Don't know why it matters tho.

Comment

RalphMac

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
I wanna know this as well. I went in for replacement about a week ago for all the drop issues. my serial doesn't even have k in it but begins with 88029....Sorry, Idk know the rest off hand, but im 100% sure theres no "k" in it.

Comment

Black.Infinity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Apple tree-Toronto
i called apple store today and talked to them and asked them about my replacement iphone that the serial id start with 5k and i heard it means refurbished phone and she said no we have these unit in case we can not fix the phone we give them to customers and the reason it start with 5k is so they can distinguish the product between new one and replacement one
and even i asked them if they sell refurbished phones in store and she said no and they sell refurbished items online and they just have refurbished for ipod and macs

and i asked them about my old iphone which they put it back into to the black case that they used for replacement iphone and ask them whether they sell it again and she said no your old one will go back to the factory for recycling.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.