Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Or is something very dodgy going on?

Story:

On friday after lunch (about 13.00 CET) I went through my bookmarks, deciding which to delete and which to keep. (I do this every friday, and yes - I have a very neat desk.)
So anyway, I went to hengedocks.com, since I hadn't really heard anything for a while, and wanted to see if there were any new docks announced, specifically for the 17".
And they had!
In fact, for my model (mid 2009) they were only $30! The price for the current model was $60, so I assumed they had ordered too many of the earlier model from their manufacturer before Apple changed the port configuration (ever so slightly) a couple of months ago, and now had waaaay too many of the older model lying around, and wanted to get rid of them cheaply.

Anyway, long story short, I ordered right away, and paid through PayPal. This is where it gets weird: first of all, I got the order confirmation which was designated number 20. Two-zero. Seems low, right? So I went back to PayPal, and it turns out the money got transfered to someone with an indian sounding first.lastname@ an australian company with offices in (among others) India.

So I sent an email to Henge Docks, asking if everything was ok, but I didn't hear back. Now, it's still only sunday night, so it's not like Henge Docks has even had half a chance to answer me, but I just realized that the URL I was given to track my order no longer works, and that all the docks except the 13" MBP ones are no longer for sale!

In short: Did I just get screwed?

tofagerl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2006
I just now received an email from Henge Docks where they said that they were upgrading their site at the time, and that the ordering system was "incomplete". They're also claiming that the payment didn't go through, which I'll find out in a few days when the charge appears on my bank account. (Or not)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.