Did I brick it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by evanmacdonald, Jun 17, 2011.

1. evanmacdonald macrumors newbie

I have what I hope is not a brick situation. I have had my 3Gs on a tethered 4.2.1 for a few months and I was just trying to clean it off. I made the mistake of going through Preferences > General > Reset and chose "Erase all content and settings."

I imagine you can guess what happened. So I followed the instructions on the following thread ( http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1064509 ) to try and restore it the way I should've from the get go and I get the following message:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

Wondering if you can help me! I read something about blobs somewhere? I don't know what that is or how to get these blobs to work for me!

I am somewhat of a rookie at all this Jailbreak stuff.

thanks!

evan

2. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Dunno if this will work for your situation or not, but go out and download TinyUmbrella if you haven't already.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

After you install and open it up, click on 'Start TSS Server' after clicking on the version you're trying to restore to. After you've done that, try and restore again. If it still doesn't work, you may need to comment out the gs.apple.com entry in the host file. Main thing to know with this is you haven't bricked your phone.

3. evanmacdonald thread starter macrumors newbie

4. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

I can't view those attachments; gives me an error. As far as 'gs.apple.com' goes, are you using a Windows machine or Mac? I'm not familiar with how to do it on a PC, but on the Mac it's easy peasy. Google could give you the PC instructions.