Did I buy a fake Think Different Poster?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by prince0zuko, Feb 20, 2011.

1. prince0zuko macrumors newbie

Last year I bought a Mahatma Gandhi Think Different poster (24 by 36) from eBay. The seller claimed to have attained it when he was working for Apple back during the campaign. The price was around 50 dollars if I remember correctly, and I thought this to be a good deal for an authentic. I'm not sure if they had any other poster auctions running at the time.

The poster arrived and I was happy with its fairly good quality.

However I recently read this thread, and I was worried after reading "I have an Edison and a Richard Feynman that I know are 100% originals and they do not have a copyright line on them. Neither does my Picasso, my Joan Baez, my Ghandi, or my Hitchcock. Only the ones I have gotten from Germany on eBay have the copyright line on them....the Buzz Aldrins, and a set of 6 of the 22x28" posters all have the copyright line on them." (- WardC)

I have attached a picture of the copyright line that does appear on my poster.

Should I assume I bought a fake? :(
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

It's a tough call - there's a lot of debate out there over this, and I'm not sure there's a definitive answer. My 0.02 - if it's a good quality print and you're happy with the price you paid - I wouldn't worry too much one way or the other. I don't think anyone can be completely certain unless they got the print directly from Apple.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It really is hard to tell but it was last year, it's a bit too late to worry about whether or not you were shafted.

4. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I have the originals (got a bunch of them straight from Apple when they were new) and yes, the Ghandi one has the copywriter notice in the bottom right corner.

FWIW, from the tubes that I've opened so far, I know that the following do have the notice: Jim Henson & Kermit, Amelia Earhart, Desi and Lucy, Alfred Hitchcock, Picaso and

In fact, the only one I've found that doesn't is the Ansel Adams one.

My tubes of the series that include Feynman and Einstein are still sealed so I can't attest to those.

BTW: Some pic's of my sets are here for reference: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericsmalling/collections/72157622064603411
    (not intended as a solicitation of sale)

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^^^^ Yours are CIP (Complete In Package) - WOW...

;)

6. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Correction to my above post - I don't have an Einstein in there - apparently the 24x36" ones of him are VERY rare.

7. Hann1bal macrumors newbie

Regarding Posters

I know this posting is outdated but Eric when you get a chance can you shoot me an email? Thanks.