did I claibrate correctly & monitoring the process use caffine or sleep modes?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sossity, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I just ran my battery down to calibrate, except that about 1/4 through the process at about 60% I turned on caffeine & had it run down to 3% & got the battery reserves warning. It is now just shut off.

If one does a calibration without using the sleep mode, after the low battery warning, does one just shut their mac down when it gets to about 2-3%? & does one have to wait 5 hours before plugging it back in to charge?

the whole process could be a little awkward as I cant be around the mac the whole time to monitor the calibration process, so I most likely will do this overnight, but the trouble with this is I may sleep through the low battery warning or miss it & it goes down lower than 2%. Should I just let it go to rock bottom or would it be harmful if it goes until the mac just shuts off?

2. GGJstudios, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The calibration steps in the Battery FAQ are very clear.
    This FAQ has been posted in several other battery-related threads you started. You don't have to do anything at the battery warning... just let it die. To calibrate, it needs to drain to 0%. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: