Did I damage my iPad 4 screen?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vandie, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Vandie macrumors newbie

I bought a zaggfolio case for my ipad 4 and you have to slide the ipad in the case and its a really tight fit. When you pull it out of the case it takes a lot of force and you really have to grab the ipad. I noticed when I was pulling the ipad out I squeezed the ipad so hard with my thumb the glass touched the LCD screen and made that weird colorful swirl thing LCD do when they are pushed to hard. I looked at the screen afterwards and I don't see any dis coloring or anything. But I am within my 2 weeks of having this ipad and can return for a new one if needed. Do you think I may have damaged pixels or anything? Like I said I can't see anything. But I am still worried.

2. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

It is unlikely that you damaged anything. LCDs are pretty resilient.

You shouldn't go around returning products that you willfully damaged with 3rd party accessories. The karma fairies will get you!

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It's fine. You don't have anything to worry about. And like ezramore said, you really shouldn't be returning products you think you damaged. The karma fairies will indeed get you.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

And if the case is really that tight, you might want to buy something better...Continued pressure like that is not going to do your Ipad any good over time.

5. Vandie thread starter macrumors newbie

For sure. I'm never using the case again. I went thru endless reviews and found that the incase folio is one of the better choices. I liked the concept of the Bluetooth keyboard that zagg is selling but it needs some improvements before I use one again. In short the zaggfolio is gone incase folio is what I what I use now.

6. pmcjr macrumors member

rooCase

I ordered a rooCase iPad sleeve from Amazon and am very happy with it. Perfect fit, not too tight, not too loose...even with an Apple Smart Cover on the iPad. I recommend it if your looking for a new case.