Did I destroyed my screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ultra AleM, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ultra AleM, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hello! My iPhone 5 was dirty and so I used a slightly wet wipe to give it a clean. I did it before and nothing ever happened.

Now something really strange did! In the top left corner of the display, there is a brighter triangle, with the 90 degrees angle in the corner, and the upper late across the signal bars. It's a lot noticeable if I change viewing angle or rotate the phone a bit.

Perpendicularly you don't notice it if you don't see that exact spot. I tried to turn off and on my device and it didn't disappear. I think it is an hardware problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg0shkff2hvf5ae/Foto%2003-08-14%2022%2035%2045.jpg

But it's really strange! My iPhone didn't even have problems when I forgot it under the rain!!!

Do I need apple support to fix it? How much will they make me pay? Not in warranty anymore!!!

Thanks a lot guys

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Hard to judge without us seeing it. Anyway you can post an image?

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I captured a pic from another iPhone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg0shkff2hvf5ae/Foto%2003-08-14%2022%2035%2045.jpg

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Strange indeed. And you say this happened right after cleaning it.

Your main problem is that you phone is out of warranty. You could take it to the Apple store and be very polite and they might replace or fix your phone. Just depends on how lucky you are as they are not obligated. If not you can find out how much it would cost to fix it.

Sorry.

5. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

I understand... I have an information that may be useful. My standby button is broken. And apple will fix it for free, since they recognized this problem on some iPhones 5. Would they replace the phone entirely in this process or only the button?

6. nox5 macrumors 6502

They will test everything on your phone. If it passes the test they will ship it to repair center to fix the button and give you loaner. Keep the loaner if you like it .problem solved

7. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Will they let me keep it? XD and is it new/new-like?

8. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

What capacity is your phone? Loaner only 16GB.

9. chabig macrumors 68040

Give it a few days to dry out. It may fix itself.

10. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Maybe you are right, today seems a little bit better. But still there. I hope it will fix itself. Will I have to change the LCD display if not?