Did I do Apple Pay with my Watch incorrectly?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by applefanboy4, Sep 25, 2016.

1. applefanboy4 macrumors regular

So Ive done apple pay with my phone many times. Today was the first time I did it with my watch. I Double clicked the side button and it brought me to the “hold near reader to pay” screen. It might have said “double click to pay” though, not sure.

Anyways, I held it inches from the NFC reader like I usually do, it vibrated but didn’t do anything. Tried it again, exited out of that page. this time I clicked the wallet app,. Held it up to NFC. vibrated I think. But did nothing.

What did I do wrong? Is the process different on Watch than phone?

2. BurgDog macrumors regular

That matches my experience. It generally works the second time you try it. I've had that fail as well and had to revert to using my credit card. Not very reliable. I basically stopped trying to use it as the hassle takes more time than just paying with a credit card in the first place.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It's pretty much the same. If you can't get it to work at all, you might have defective NFC induction coil.

4. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Never had an issue with the watch or iPhone. Watch is the easiest. has worked exactly like the video from above every time.

5. BurgDog macrumors regular

Another thought for me, my Visa card seems to work fairly reliably but I seem to have the most problems using Discover. There may be a problem with authentication and Discover.