Did I do the DFU restore correctly?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGrandMastah, Sep 29, 2012.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

I was reading that doing a DFU restore could fix some battery issues. Now, with that said, I'm not even sure I had any battery issues since I was getting about 7.5-8 hours of usage with 22 hours of standby on a full charge for my iphone 5. That being said, I do know that I used to have issues with my 4 and used a iphone 4 hard drive backup (not icloud) to restore my settings on my new phone.

Long story short, I decided to put the phone in DFU mode and restore from there...then in the setup assistant on the iPhone I chose to restore from icloud backup.

Is this the right way to go about a DFU restore for those who believe it clears up battery issues? (i know the forums are split 50/50)

2. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

I don't get why u even did a restore u was getting appropriate battery usage times

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I originally got caught up in the battery hype but ultimately decided to do it to recover some of my "other" data that accumulated. I heard that's usually just corrupt data installations and stuff. Figured a new phone might as well start new with that stuff too.