Did I fry my iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chantman, May 19, 2011.

1. chantman macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS. I plugged it into a 3rd party USB charger in my car. When I got home I noticed the iPhone wasn't on, and it was very warm to the touch.

Now it wont charge or turn on at all. No matter what button combinations I try.

My question is this. Do you think I fried just the battery or the whole phone?

-Mike

2. APtalent macrumors regular

Similar thing occured my to iPhone a couple of weeks back.

Simply let it cool off near a window. I let mine sit for a whole day and the next day it turned on and gave me an "accessory not optimized error." I then restored it via iTunes, re-jailbreak it, and it's still working fine.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you probably did.
    Hope it's still under warranty.

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Damn.
    Try cooling it down by putting it on a window.

If that doesn't work then it's best to go to the Apple Store. You can call your device the iFried then.

5. chantman thread starter macrumors newbie

It's cooled down now, and I've left it plugged in for about an hour... Still nothing. I do really think it's iFried :(

6. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

dont know why it happens but this has happened to me before on my galaxy s and nokia n78 :/ just get it replaced and it should be fine :D