iPad Did I get a good deal on this iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PeteyV, Sep 25, 2014.

1. PeteyV macrumors member

I got an iPad Air WiFi plus LTE 16GB for $250 out the door from ATT. I was hesitant at first because I know that the new iPad is slated to come out soon. This is my first iPad and I would like some reflection from you people if I should keep it at that price or return it. It was kind of a impulse buy because I was ordering an iPhone 6 and got the discount if I bundled it with the iPad.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

If you are locked into a contract, I would say no because the new iPad's should be announced in Oct during Apple's event. If you are not locked in and your data plan is month to month then it's a pretty good deal.

3. draven898 macrumors member

draven898

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

it is a good deal for $250! I don't think next iPad Air 2 will have a MAJOR update like A8 CPU, improved 8MP camera, Touch ID, and improved retina display.

For me I don't take picture with iPad so I don't care much about new 8MP camera.
    Touch ID is a gimmick and I never use it even with my iPhone 5S.
    My iPad Air looks fine with retina display so why add improved retina display?

So it is up to you if you want those new features! :apple:

5. mustbepbs macrumors newbie

Considering you got an iPad that's less than a year old for more than half the price? You've done well. Don't let everyone here tell you otherwise. They think that just because a marginally updated iPad releasing for $500 base cost (which nobody here ever recommends) you shouldn't take a deal on a perfectly good tablet.

6. draven898 macrumors member

draven898

those ipad's are under contract so when you add it to your plan you add at least 10 dollars a month so you really dont"save" 200 dollars you actually pay att 240

7. bobright macrumors 601

Yeah if locked into a contract I wouldn't have got an Air would wait personally

8. draven898 macrumors member

draven898

don't get me wrong i was at att this afternoon and i was tempted but i have been waiting so whats a month ?