Did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by chromedome45, Mar 19, 2015.

1. chromedome45 macrumors newbie

Picked up and early 2009 Mac Pro with a quad core 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB Ram, 500 GB HDD and an NVidia 120 for $350. Top handles were bent do I straightened them out as best I could.

Good deal or so so! ;)

2. RoastingPig macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

good deal if you can handle the eye sores of bent handles.

3. robotartfashion macrumors 6502

From what I've seen on ebay lately it's a great deal.

I do agree though, I couldn't deal with the bent handles. :mad:

4. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

I will admit, that's a great deal! Ild love to find another one at that price :) even with bent handles, you can find replacement cases on eBay quite easily!

5. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

I'd say that's a great deal - I'd have loved to get mine for that price, bent handles or no. Especially if you're looking for a "parts" machine, at $350 it's hard to go wrong. Mine is under my desk, so it probably wouldn't bother me much.

6. nigelbb macrumors 6502a

Great price. I accidentally dropped my Mac Pro from a height of about 12-18" while moving house carrying it by the upper handles so it landed on the feet & bent them. I never have been able to figure out how to straighten them. My attempts have if anything made it worse. I suspect the only real fix is a replacement case although possibly filleting the case of all parts & taking it to a metal working shop they could help. To avoid the cost & hassle of repair or replacement I just learned to live with a slightly bent case.

7. chromedome45 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did mange to straighten the front handle so it almost looks like it was never bent. Used a claw hammer and a 1 x 2 piece of wood on the top of the Mac to act like a fulcrum and just kept pulling up till I was satisfied about it's appearance. May have to do a steady jerking motion. Be patient while doing it. Takes lots of elbow grease.

See pictures. Before and after

Attached Files: