Did I get a new 3G refurb?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Jul 13, 2008.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

On the usage screen it shows the last reset of timers was in sept. of 2007. Also the usage on call timers says 6 days already and I just got the phone yesterday. You think this was a tester phone and they just refurbed it and sold it. Any one else see this.

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

when they opened it was there shrink wrap around it or did you open it yourself at home?

3. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

defo something not right at all..

take it back and show this to the store, they gotta give you a new one regardless if its broken or not, as you can prove that it has been used before you got it. period

4. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

whats that got to do with it?

they re-shrink wrap refurb iPods...

5. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Last Reset: Never

Call Time: 4 minutes (weekends are really slow for me)

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I highly doubt they gave u a refurb. Did u have the 1st gen iphone? And back it up to itunes?

7. iphonematt Guest

Mine said the same thing. When i plugged it in at home, I restored from my original iPhone backup so my usage is up there. believe me, you got a brand new iPhone, just the info from your old phone ported over to your new phone.

8. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Did you sync your iPhone from your previous iPhones backup? If so, the usage stats are carried over from the old iPhone.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It's not a refurb.

If you backed up your old iPhone and then restored onto your new iPhone, then the lifetiime timers of the old iPhone have been carried over to the new one, and this is what you are seeing. I had the same thing happen in my case. And I know it's not due to a refurb because it would be really damned lucky of them to exactly match the lifetime timers of my old iPhone, side by side.

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

just checked mine

last reset- never.
    call time 1hr 3min
    lifetime 1hr 3min

11. RoyalHockey macrumors newbie

Did you by chance upgrade from a first generation iphone? If so, your settings were completely carried over from your previous iTunes backup onto the new 3G device; When settings are carried over, everything from the way your phone sleeps to the SMS messages to the call timers are preserved.

The same thing happened to me, which caused me to raise an eyebrow myself for just a second.

12. snook911 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good call. I did restore from my backup. Just didn't think of that. Thanks.

13. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I just had this same issue come up and I was very worried for a second. Thank goodness you guys figured that out. That is very good to know.