Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2022
When I used the sizing guide for the Solo Loop on the Apple site, it said I was somewhere between a size 7 and an 8 so I went with the 7. This is a picture of my wrist after wearing the watch overnight. I wouldn’t say it’s uncomfortable. Does your watch band do this? I’m hesitant to buy the size 8 band because they’re expensive and I don’t know if it’s going to be too big or not. I’m curious how this band fits for other people. I know that some people might suggest not getting the Apple branded Solo Loop. If so, do you recommend any good quality ones? A long time ago when I had the first Apple Watch, I bought a sports band off of Amazon that looked like the Apple branded one, but it turned out to be much cheaper in quality as it actually ripped in half at one point.

Attachments

• 75DD29F3-EBAB-4700-8778-9F893DDBAA93.jpeg
    75DD29F3-EBAB-4700-8778-9F893DDBAA93.jpeg
    412.1 KB · Views: 208

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
are you allowed to return bands? for some reason i assumed you couldn’t.

First of all I think that slight impression on your skin is quite normal for a band that is meant to be worn snug. My wrist looks like that, too, after wearing the Watch overnight. But yeah, you can send Watch bands back during the same return window all Apple products have.

Reactions: onFIRE

onFIRE

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2022
First of all I think that slight impression on your skin is quite normal for a band that is meant to be worn snug. My wrist looks like that, too, after wearing the Watch overnight. But yeah, you can send Watch bands back during the same return window all Apple products have.
Ok good to hear this is normal. Thanks!

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
The only thing with the solo loop is that it isn’t likely to stretch, so if it’s too snug, it’ll always be too snug.

I’m between sizes. The 5s are too loose on me, but the 4s are too tight. I’ve actually had decent luck with the Proworthy solo loops and braided loops from Amazon. I can actually get a decent fit with Apple’s braided loops in a 4 because of stretching, but I can get 8-10 of the Proworthy loops for that price, so why not. I find the braided to be pretty comparable in quality as far as the band itself, though the connectors are plastic.

As far as quality with the knockoff solo loops, I’m sure they aren’t as good as Apple’s, but I can buy 5 for the price of 1 Apple loop, and I think people have reportedly had Apple ones snap in two.

romanof

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Texas
My experience with the solo loop was all bad. Firstly, it snapped in half after only about 30 wearings (not days) even though it was not sized to be tight. Second, it tore my wrist up with a rash. Take it off, let it clear up, and again after a couple of days, the itching. I usually don't buy cheap Amazon stuff, but in desperation I got a bag of stretchy bands for about 15 bucks that are really comfortable.

• Wow
Reactions: onFIRE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.