Did I get charge for an extra phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nfl46, Oct 31, 2011.

1. nfl46 macrumors 603

Hey, guys, I have a question.

I returned my S2 at a retail store and preordered the iPhone 4S. Both the devices are the same price. The rep had me slide my card once and I received a receipt that shows a negative -$213.99 (it says change due $0.00), then she proceeds to preorder the iPhone 4S for me, and I swipe again and receive a receipt for a positive $213.99. An hour or so later, I take a look at my bank account and I see that 213.99 was deducted from it. I'm assuming it is a pre-authorization hold or something. My question is, did I get charged an extra 213.99? I thought it was suppose to be just an even swap with the phones.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Credits to your card may take a few days where charges hit instantly!:eek:

3. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

I was thinking that it would be a 3-5 day rule in effect. So, I'm assuming, what will happen is, the hold will drop, funds will be back available. In 3-5 business days, I will be credited 213.99, then when I receive the iPhone, they will take the funds out again?

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Uh, no. They already charged you. That has been done. In a few days, you will get credit for the return of your other phone. So those two will cancel out, and you'll be left with the original charge from when you bought the S2.

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

It's pretty obvious - you were credited back for the S2, and debited for the iPhone.

6. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Welcome to the glorious world of our banking systems. They take your money straight away and hold on to it for a week when refunded.