Did i get my iphone 3gs for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jhanson09, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

I recieved my iphone 3gs white 16gb in the mail today via a att pre-order althought i still have not gotten charged for it. about a week ago they charged me the amount then gave it straight back the next day. really confused on what happened.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

lol alot of pre order screw ups. Yes you did until the charge you. They probably will though. Maybe. Amazing...I never get two phones or a charge screwed up. Usually I'm the one getting screwed.

3. Jhanson09 thread starter macrumors regular

Ya im planning on it coming through i was just wondering if all the other att pre orders already got charged or if they were all in the same boat as me.

4. Evolutioncsr macrumors newbie

Not charged yet either

I pre-ordered form att premier on the 10th recieved my phone on the 19th via fed ex. I still have not been charged. they had a 3 day hold week of the 10th but it fell off.

Here's hoping lol.

5. Jhanson09 thread starter macrumors regular

Same here still haven't received a charge. wondering if they are going to just bill it to my account or what. No way they could let that many fall through the cracks.

6. jasony0423 macrumors newbie

Not sure about AT&T, but I did have that happen with Sprint. I ordered my Blackberry online, then changed my mind and decided I wanted it that day, so I went to the store, who said they'd cancel my online order. Two days later, I had a package on my doorstep, containing a Blackberry Curve 8330, the twin to my curve I'd bought at the store two days prior.
    I called Sprint and they said "no, we didn't ship you a phone". I said I"m looking at it. They said "Not from us, there's nothing on file, the order was canceled". I said fine. I still have a Blackberry Curve, in the box, waiting for Sprint to realize I have it and agree to accept it.

7. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

there a site that can take care of your problem for you.

cant remember what its called. begins with an E and ends in bay..something?

8. jasony0423 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've thought about that, but I'm thinking that as soon as I sell it on Ebay for $200, I'll get a bill from Sprint saying "Hey, you've got an extra curve, send it back, otherwise, here's a bill for $499.99". That's what keeps it in my possession.

9. jmalakan macrumors newbie

you should not have called. its noted in your account that they cancelled the order...now they know you have the phone if they ever charge you and you try to fight it

10. rjohnstone macrumors 68030

rjohnstone

I bought my 3GS on launch day (not a pre-order) at an AT&T store with my Amex and the charge has still not showed up on my bill.
    I'm sure it will show up someday. My luck isn't that good.

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I would say after 1 month, if the havent charged you its less likely they will.

12. redplanet2005 macrumors newbie

I was charged about 4 days after I got my iphone, but you might get lucky.... :)

13. gr81mgbgt macrumors regular

You Will Get Billed For The Phone On The First Months Bill.

14. cdesigns macrumors 6502

I got charged 5 days after I got my 3GS, it almost screw my bank account because I tought it was already charged.