Did I Get Swindled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pellets007, Oct 22, 2011.

1. pellets007, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011

pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I bought an iPhone 4S using an upgrade swap. I upgraded Line 2's iPhone 3G (off contract) to use the 4S on Line 1 (which was an iPhone 4). Then we added a line from T-Moblie to create Line 3, now using Line 1's old iPhone 4. So our account looks like so:

Line 1: iPhone 4S on contract until Feb 2012.
    Line 2: iPhone 3G on contract until 2013
    Line 3: iPhone 4 on contract until 2013.

My question is, why is it that I got the contract on the third line? I essentially supplied my own equipment. I only bought one phone (the 4S) and they gave me two contracts.

I went into the store and they said since I had a FAN (through the military) discount that the contract would automatically be added. There was no way around this. They said that since I provided my own equipment they would add a note to my account to let me upgrade or cancel my service at any point. But my account would still say I had the contract.

Are they just saying this to lock me into another contract on the third line?

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Never heard of that before. However, the simplest thing to do would be able to call into customer service and confirm that that note is in fact on your account.