Did I get the right MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marty1990, May 20, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

So, I wanted a Mac for graphic work. I currently use it have Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium on it, and am hoping to upgrade to CS6. I mainly use PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator. They're the most intensive applications I use. I then use Office, iTunes, Safari etc. I have a few films on iTunes, but not many, and I occasionally watch streamed video.

I have the base model 13" Pro, and am going to be upgrading the RAM from 4GB to 8GB, because I can notice slowdown and lag when running iTunes, Safari and Photoshop (when working on images A3+).

Just curious, is my Mac enough for what I use it for? Or should I have gone for the i7 2.8GHz dual core 13", or even the 2.2GHz quad core i7 15"? Or will this be enough for me for the next year or two?

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

The base can handle that ok. I would recommend just going to 16gb since you can now do that for around $100.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

The model you chose, with the proposed upgrades, should handle your needs. However, the additional real estate of the 15" MBP might make your work a bit easier on the eyes and easier to do. Just my opinion.

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

The model you have should be fine for the programs you'll be using. Definitely go for the 8GB of RAM. It makes a big difference when working in Photoshop and stuff. I went for the 15" MBP, but that's mostly because I wanted more screen real estate and I didn't want another glossy screen. I went for the high-res anti-glare.

5. stevelam macrumors 65816

Definitely upgrade to 8gb. But yes that MacBook will be fine for your needs.

6. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418