Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonesrq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Tampa
I installed SL, but don't see anything different. How can I tell if I did the install correctly?

Can I see something different in "about this mac" or something?

iphonesrq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Tampa
it say 10.5.7 I must have done something wrong. I put the install disk in, it ran for about 20 minutes (I saw it said 45 minutes @ the beginning) then I heard my mac restarting....

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
it say 10.5.7 I must have done something wrong. I put the install disk in, it ran for about 20 minutes (I saw it said 45 minutes @ the beginning) then I heard my mac restarting....

I have a 2.4ghz white book and mine did the same thing 3X. I got frustrated, ended up backing up my whole drive and I did a clean install. That worked.

How much free space is on your HD? I think mine was because I had like 5.5gb free and it requires 5gb.

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009

SL is different from previous system installs. It runs of the inserted DVD disk for a while, then does a restart and runs from the internal disk. This is normal. I think it's being done to speed up the install process by now having to read/write from a disk so much. Perhaps, you stopped the process before it was completed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.