Did I just get 2gb additional data for upgrading to an Ip6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imac Sam, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Imac Sam macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

I was reviewing my Verizon Iphone order of two Iphone 6s, I did not change my 2 year-contract plan or anything else with Verizon and I do NOT have the Edge program. But It appears they are given me an additional 1gb of data per phone for a total of 2gb because I am upgrading the 2 lines. Is this correct??? Here is a screen capture from my order acknowledgement that makes me believe it is.

Attached Files:

• data.jpg
      data.jpg
      File size:
      87.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Imac Sam thread starter macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

Is anyone noticing this on their Verizon Upgrade?

3. Candurin macrumors regular

Yes. Verizon's current promotion, you get 1gb per line (per month for two years) that is upgraded to a new smartphone.

You MUST order from VZW directly. Orders through apple directly are not part of the promotion.

4. stickybuns macrumors 6502

I ordered directly from Verizon, and my plan is still the same. :(
    Does anyone have a copy of the promotion details? Do you need to be on a specific plan already?

5. Imac Sam thread starter macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

Take a look on your order summary. The additional 2gb does not show on my account yet, but I figure it will once i get an activate the new phones.

----------

Try here:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/special-offers

6. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Looks like the fine print requires a "more everything plan". I still have an old family share plan.

7. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

If you're on an old family share plan yet still have tiered data, doesn't that defeat the purpose? Share everything is a much better value if you aren't rocking unlimited data.

8. Imac Sam thread starter macrumors 6502

Imac Sam

But I thought everyone on the family share plan got moved to the more everything plan.

9. stickybuns, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

stickybuns macrumors 6502

Husband and I share 700 voice minutes per month ($50). He has 4GB ($30) of data from a promotion when he bought his phone; I have 2GB ($30) data. He pays per text; I have 1,000 texts ($10) per month. Neither of us have ever exceeded these limits.

For the promotion to work for us, it needs to cost under $120 before taxes and fees (We pay $150/month when all is said and done) and include at least 6GB data.

ETA: looks like it'll cost us $10 more per month to break even on data. I'll take a look at my husband's plan to see if the 4gb promotion is due to expire soon.