Did I just get a call from O2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 03sho, Jul 21, 2008.

1. 03sho macrumors 6502a

The number was "Blocked"

I answered and a woman asked me how I was then she asked me if I was happy with my handset.

I said yeah its great blah blah.

Then she goes am I in a hurry cos I sounded like it and I said yes. Then she goes what time should I ring back so I said anytime after 3.

Anyone else?

Is this from O2?

2. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

3. 03sho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm I guess i shouldn't give out any info such as anything regarding my O2 account then?

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

give no info out at all. The company already has it! I herd about scams like this for visa credit cards.

5. 03sho thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers for the reply!!

Should I even answer it?

Its weird how the woman said how was my handset. Making it atleast sound legit seeing I got my iphone recently.

6. iflipper macrumors member

Sounds like a standard cold call to get you to sign up to a new deal to me. "How is your handset" works whether you have a new one or an old one. They really want you to say "it's old and the battery is dying" so they can flog you a replacement.

7. twynne macrumors 6502a

I had this (twice!) immediately after receiving and turning my phone on for the first time. After being initially impressed that they were so quick to know the phone was active and how nice that they cared, I then realised it was an attempt to sell me the insurance (which I had already declined at purchase!)

It amazes me given the absolute fiasco surrounding pre-orders, how organised they can be when they want to sell you something additional! :rolleyes:

Beware!

8. sparkyms macrumors 65816

you should actually ask them if they work for o2.. often they will say "er.. no", these are often third party companies cold calling you.

I don't even know if it's o2 that give out your number but it probably won't be o2. Just keep your data safe and always ask if they are o2.

9. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

OMG, possibly. ;):rolleyes:

R-Fly

10. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

You didn't take out their phone insurance when you bought the phone.

They were phoning to sell it to you.

I haven't given them my pak code yet to transfer my number but i asked if it had been done yet, she said it'll be done today or tomorrow... i giggled to myself.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You generally give out personal information to people that randomly call you? Awesome, what's your #?