Did I just screw myself over? AVCHD question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Delu, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Delu macrumors newbie

Hey, so I'm a college student and being one I have to borrow equipment like cameras and such from the school instead of owning my own. Anyways we just got in these Canon HG10 AVCHD cameras and I shot a large chunk of my final project this weekend. The camera was due this morning and since I'm still used to DV I forgot to upload the data onto a school computer.

Well, the camera was due before the comp. lab opens so I just hooked it up to my MBP and dragged the whole AVCHD folder onto my desktop before formating the camera and turning it in (mind you, I also have a class at this same time so I was already running late)

I just want to know, is it possible to simply take the AVCHD folder I have on my desktop and put it onto a camera to upload onto a mac with Final Cut Pro or did I just waste two days of shooting?

2. SkinnyRaven macrumors newbie

It's possible, but you may also have to transfer to an external drive, if you coppied the entire contents from the camera. I have the Sony HDR-SR1, I coppied the drive from the camera to an external drive before reformatting the camera drive for backup. When I connect the external drive FCE and IMOVIE both see it as a camera.