did I lose my info?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ode2joy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. ode2joy macrumors member

Hello, I just got a replacement phone from Verizon since my home screen button was going out. When I plugged in to my computer to sync/back up the old phone, I stupidly pushed the "set up as new iPhone" button instead of the "backup a version" button. Now I can't find my photos. Is there a backup of my stuff somewhere that I can revert to or have I lost my most recent pics, etc. since I last synced with iPhoto?
    Any help appreciated.
    thanks

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

3. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I always to "set up as a new phone" When I have a replacement or need to redo my phone and then, you should be able to right click on your device to the left in iTunes and select "restore" it should show you any backups that you have done as you did your sync from the old phone.

4. ode2joy thread starter macrumors member

Tyler, unfortunately, I've avoided iCloud for the most part. I have not "chosen" or "not chosen" anything to do with it, really.

Hiddenpuppy, I tried that and it is grayed out?????? I do have a time capsule though, I just read I can restore that way, but I'm not quite sure how yet.

Thanks to you both, any further help greatly appreciated.

eric

----------

Wait, after an unplug and replug, right clicking on "iPhone" is showing my last backup from yesterday, before I started this. I chose it and it is restoring now. I'll update but looks like I figured it out,
    Thanks!

5. alec6542 macrumors regular

No, as long as you had synced your old iphone in the past, there is a backup on your harddrive. What you need to do is this: plug in your phone, go to itunes, hit "restore", let itunes extract the software, and then you should get that popup again giving you the option of restoring to your backup.