Did I luck out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oban14, Jul 18, 2008.

1. oban14 macrumors 6502a

My battery life is great, I have zero dead pixels, my screen doesn't look remotely yellow, and there are no scuffs, cracks or anything else on my phone. The 3G seems very fast as well.

How many other people are 100% happy with their iPhone? Am I the only one?

2. showtime macrumors 6502

You could consider yourself lucky but the idea that the 3G iphones are filled with problems is exaggerated since those with problems are more likely to speak out. Enjoy your new phone:)

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Exactly, enjoy your phone and feel fortunate.

(also: I too have no real complaints with my phone)

4. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Right, it's a bit like being at work and the network crawling...everyone howls.

How many people say, "hey you know? everything is really working splendidly today! Very quick and responsive!"?

5. WHM macrumors regular

Purchased my 3G iPhone on launch day.... sold my old original one I have had since last June for $400.00. I have absolutely no problems or complaints at ALL!!Everything works just like it suppose to.... even MobileMe....COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.... MAYBE I HAVE THE GOLDEN TICKET. LOVE :apple: :)

6. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

The laggy interface and slow 3G speed are my only gripes.

7. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Once I turned off location services, my battery life has been great and I'm 100 percent satisfied. 3G speed in Chicago is outstanding.

8. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I agree. Mine is perfect. The only flaws I see were flaws I saw on my old phone with the 2.0 firmware. Random app crashes, etc. But those will be fixed.

I'm also not seeing these color issues people are complaining about. I think it looks much more vibrant than my old iphone. My video looks great. My sound is fantastic, and I'm loving being able to stream 128kbps radio on the tuner app in my car on 3g. I mean, thousands of internet radio stations in my pocket.

Its just the greatest device I've ever owned. Period, end of story.

9. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

No problems with mine either - haven't checked under my microscope but no dead pixels apparent. seems ok. still testing battery life. but i just got 15 hours of audio (screen off) and I have over half left, so I don't think I need to worry.

10. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

You lucked out not being born a hyper-paranoid, over-sensitive nit.

11. meagain macrumors 68030

Now go into a dark room - very dark. Look at the phone at a normal distance at the area where the glass meets the bezel around he volume button area. Turn your head or the phone a bit and see if you see the light leak. If not - THEN declare perfection. Cuz if so, you did indeed get lucky. Guard it with your life.

12. oban14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is no light leak! :D

13. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

i'd probably return it if i were you... just tell apple that there are no issues and they should give you a brand new defective one to complain about.

:D

14. MathiasMag macrumors member

Do you often find yourself using the phone in that situation? If not, is it really a problem that others might have a problem with your phone if they stole it and used it in that way?

15. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

If you have light leak, dead pixels, overly yellow screen, super bad batter life, super bad 3G reception and laggy os...then by all means people take the phone back and get an exchange or a refund. This is not the norm for this phone.

Do not settle for less than perfection.

16. Alloye macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 3G is perfect. Too bad AT&T's 3G coverage in my neighborhood is not.