Did I make a mistake? (Screen protectors)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Orange Furball, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

I bought 220 front protectors, 120 back protectors, and 220 microfiber wipes..

Why? I figured I could sell them, but that is a LOT of protectors to sell. Its gonna be 220 separate transactions. That's a lot.

Is this possible to sell them all? In total I paid $22 for everything, so I'm hoping I could at least make $100-150

Any advice?

2. Bako-MacAddict, Mar 24, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

When I started reading the first sentence ,first thing that came to mind was like :eek: how much money did this person just spend on this? And why would you buy so much. But, anyways ... Your purchase was less than $25 no big deal. I guess you could try to sell them on craigslist or friends ? Thats a lot of S/P to sell hehe. Where are you planning to sell these at anyways?

3. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Hahaha funny thing is I don't even own an iPhone...

I plan on selling them probably just on eBay, hopefully Apple will stick with the same size for the 5s so I can sell them next year too.. And the year after that.. And after that..

:(

4. 9th Wonder macrumors member

9th Wonder

5. Ann P macrumors 68020

Probably generics, no brand.

To the OP, you can easily make your $22 and then some. There are hundreds of these listings on eBay so I think selling in bundles would appeal to buyers. Hope it works out.

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Sell them in lots of five. 24 with five of each, 20 without the back protectors. Five dollars a pop gives you 220 bucks, a profit of 198 dollars if you manage to sell them somewhere where you don't have to pay any fees. I don't know how much eBay and PayPal charges, but I'd be surprised if you'd end up with less than what you're after...

7. Oui macrumors 6502

I cant believe people still actually buy screen protectors.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They're quite useful - on one of my older iPhone which did not have a screen protector, the olephobic coating started wearing out in spots - it looked horrible. Now I be sure to have a screen protector and I'll be sure to have 0 issues with the coating wearing off.

9. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I like matte screen protectors on iPad and iPhones. They keep the fingerprints more invisible and provide a bit more protection against the coins and keys an iPhone migh meet in pockets and bags.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Stop assuming that people share your specific preferences on everything. It really shouldn't be that surprising. Like any other topic in real life people's preferences vary from your own.

Screens still scratch. Why would people concerned scratches stop buying them?

11. Oui macrumors 6502

I guess your right considering most people have no common sense.

12. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

With all of the other choices out there, who would buy them?
    There are Chinese venders that sell 5 for $1...

I don't use them, but many people do. It does protect the device. I don't use them because I don't care how my device looks. Its going to get replaced someday anyway

13. hafr macrumors 68030

True. But shipping takes a month. Use the fact that you're US based (I assume) as a selling point. I'd buy them for a fiver instead of a buck if it meant I could have them within a few days instead of in the end of April if I'm lucky... Wouldn't you?

14. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

That's true. I thought I was the only one who bought that way. Oh well, look out for some screen protectors on eBay people!

15. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I thought the same thing when you made your original post. Damn you're good..

16. Oui macrumors 6502

Your post makes no sense.
    But anyway good luck to the OP in his sales. Anyway I'm done here.

17. darky90 macrumors member

Might want to try other places to sell and not just from one place. More exposure the better haha. Good luck on making a profit.

18. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Not really sure where else to sell. Most of the time when people want screen protectors they go to either a big box store or eBay haha.

I also have around 70 random new phone accessories coming that I paid $40 for. Hopefully I can make a little on those too

19. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Well they're listed. Price for one $1.50, for 5, $5.

Fingers crossed that they sell!

20. Orange Furball, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Scratch that 5 of them are gonna be $4. And to match the competition 1 will be $0.99. Seems like a better deal that way

21. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

You and the 43,183 other people.

22. Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Yeah I know. I searched for the exact name of my listings and I have to scroll for a good 10 minutes just to find them. I wish I could price them at $0.98 just to get some views

23. Orange Furball, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013

Orange Furball thread starter macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Just a small update, I lowered my prices drastically to where I barely make a profit so I will sell more and build my feedback rating. I've sold well over 20 protectors (some in packs of 5) in the past two days, this isn't going to bad!

Edit: make that 30... :D

24. jbzcar macrumors regular

Absolutely. I always look for a seller that already has the product at least to California and will gladly pay more to get it quickly. :p

25. Glickmandan macrumors member

well, maybe the screen protectors will be outdated, when something new appear, and i think you can sell it to your friends or neighbor who has a iPhone, better than sell it online, good luck.:D