Did I make an expensive mistake?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by chrono1081, Jun 19, 2008.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

This is a long shot since I don't know if anyone is familiar with this software but...

I am using logic express combined with some instrument packages I found at soundsonline.com. (I bought Goliath, Voices of Passion, and Gypsy). I am new to digital music but I really liked what I bought so I ordered a package called "Complete Composers Collection" and I thought it would install and play just like my others did...well, not so much. Logic Express doesn't see it like it does my other ones. The software did have a note saying I needed something called Kompact to play them, (my others did too but they still worked). Has anyone used this software and gotten it to work on Logic Express?

I emailed the website tech support a few min ago but I thought I would try my luck here too.

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

It's a Kompact library, you need the Native Instruments sampler instrument called (oddly) Kompact to use those samples.

There may be a converter that will convert the instruments for EXS24 playback , which then means you can use them in Logic....

.....or you could just go and buy Kompact.:)

3. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

It'll set you back $140, but CDXTRACT is a very good app for converting multiple sample formats into any other of your choice.
    Maybe there are freebies that exist. Try some googling.

4. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Argh I wish I would have researched more before I bought. I know nothing about music on a computer and thought Id give it a whirl (I've played different instruments all my life but never anything on the computer).

Ill check out that CDXTract. I was looking at buying Kompact too but I can't find it anywhere on Native Instruments site. Did it's name change?

5. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

It's part of the Komplete package I think, which is very good but very expensive.

6. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

I don't follow. Are you sure both of you aren't talking about KonTakt?
    In which case, here you go:
    Kontakt

7. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

The pdf in the software said Kompact which was why I was confused. I found it :) Thank you all for the replies.

8. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

kompakt is different than kontakt.

if you decide you don't like it and want to sell it, let me know ;)