Did I make the right choice buying a Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jayd23, Sep 10, 2011.

1. jayd23, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

jayd23 macrumors newbie

There's no doubt that in looks its a 10 to me. In quality and feel its another 10. But like any normal non "apple crazy fanboy", I like to have more for my dollar.

At around $1200 that I paid for this laptop, I'm sure for the same price, if not less, I could have gotten one with high def resolution, blu-ray perhaps, the USB 3.0 that everyone is talking about, MUCH larger hard drive, 2 more gb of RAM at least, maybe a faster 2nd gen i5 or even an i7 why not..

I love the mac pro no doubt and the touch pad is amazing, can't live without it now. But somewhere in the back of my brain, something tells me I could have had much more for the same price...

Anyone agree? disagree? Did I make the right choice?

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Ya but with Apple you get OS X instead of Windows. For some thats worth any "Apple tax".

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You didn't specify why you bought a Mac Pro, so no one can really answer your post.

A Mac Pro's strength comes in its internal expansion abilities, i.e., bays and upgrade the GPU.

If you're running pro apps or need a lot of internal storage the MP makes sense. For most consumers however an iMac or MBP generally makes more sense.

4. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

And oh a Mac Pro is Apple's top of the line monster of a desktop. In your post you mention "laptop" which is a MacBook Pro. BIG difference.

5. jayd23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it as an everyday laptop. And for the reliability/durability that many say mac computers have. Also because of its safe browser since I pay all bills online. Other than that, nothing specific, I don't edit pics or videos all though I know it will come handy some day.

----------

Yes sorry its a Macbook Pro.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So you bought a Mac Book Pro and not a Mac Pro. I answered your question as if you purchased a Mac Pro which is in your title.

7. jayd23 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is correct. MBP

8. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

It's a great machine with a great Os. Enjoy it and don't look back anymore.

9. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I agree that you can get something with better specs for less cost. It all depends on how badly that bothers you. It personally doesn't bother me.

10. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

It's called buyers remorse, happens to people all the time. If it's not breaking the bank and you like it, there is nothing to worry about. :D

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given that you bought a MBP over a MP ;) I'd say that you chose very well.

The Mac Pro an expensive desktop with limited appear but Apple's laptop line is top notch and you get a great machine for a good price (yeah on the high side)