Did I mess up a setting?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dabigkahuna, Sep 1, 2015.

1. dabigkahuna Suspended

dabigkahuna

I have the apps on my watch set the way I want - the normal initial focus is on three horizontal apps in the center and a row of four above and four below. There are others you can see (smaller) and can scroll to get to many more, but those 11 apps are the focus and I set them up to make them easy to see.

Well, yesterday I noticed it looked different. I could still see all 11, but the circles of the two on the far left and right were partly cut off the edge of the screen. Then I realized that it seems all the app circles are the same size instead of being smaller near the screen edges.

So, is something screwy with my watch or is there some setting that maybe I changed without realizing what it would do? I don't go to the app screen much so this could have happened as long as two weeks ago but only noticed it yesterday.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Roll the crown, your apps will zoom in and out.
    Those near the center alway appear larger, as you scroll around, those apps that are moved near the center appear larger.
    Those on the fringe of the screen appear smaller.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Sounds like you turned on "Reduce Motion" in settings/accessibility.

4. dabigkahuna thread starter Suspended

dabigkahuna

Except mine no longer showed different sizes. Also, resizing only seems to lock in on two sizes (one VERY tiny) and that doesn't last once you activate something.

mcdj solved the problem - it was the "Reduce Motion" setting. Thanks a lot, mcdj! I never would have suspected that.