Did I miss a "Music app is much more awesome" thread?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Michael CM1, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't have iTunes Match, so I'm a little thrilled to death that I have noticed that I can stream any of my iTunes-purchased music from my phone now. It's all showing up in my library on my phone just like iTunes Match did when I had it. But now it's streaming the music I'm playing from the cloud instead of downloading it first.

Did I totally miss this added feature? If that's an intended feature, it's a freakin' Spotify killer with the addition of iTunes Radio.

By the way, is there a mode on iTunes Radio to skip all Miley Cyrus songs?

2. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

iTunes and Spotify, at the moment, are two very different services, so I don't think it can be considered a Spotify killer.

You can go into the station's settings and add Miley Cyrus to the "Never Play This" list.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

The music.app is easily the worst part of iOS 7, makes the CareBear icons looks amazing.

4. YeahBuddy macrumors regular

Wow! I noticed my library had songs with the iCloud download arrow, however I didn't realize I could stream it first. Not sure whether it's intentional or not, but I like it.

5. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

I KNOW. I found the trigger. In the Music app's settings, there's a switch for "Show All Music." So it's basically all of your synched tracks and everything you ever bought from iTunes.

I almost forgot to mention that THIS INCLUDES VIDEOS. Same deal in the Videos app settings. This is the same functionality of the Apple TV apps for Movies, TV Shows and Music.

OK, so it's not an unlimited streaming thing like Spotify for a monthly fee. But this might be better in my opinion. If you subscribe to Spotify for two years and then quit, you don't have squat. Steve Jobs always talked about people wanting to own their music, so this is in that same vein. It's gnarly.

6. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

The Music app is very weak. Definitely got worse. Notable problems are: the way they list albums/songs (they shouldn't have bunched them all together) and the inability to delete albums.

Plus, the ability to give "thumbs up/down" to particular songs in the preset music stations. We should be able to tailor fit these stations.

7. Altis macrumors 68000

It does a good number on shortening your battery life, and requires decent reception.

Mind you, they've killed the artists view completely.

I can imagine it's handy when you have the urge to listen to a song you already own.