Did I miss something here??? 2011 Black bezel MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ICanHasEvrythng, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ICanHasEvrythng macrumors newbie

I bought my MBP 15" i7 anti-glare Hi-res etc...
    in mid December 2010... The box shows a black screen bezel and my MBP's is silver (which I prefer 10x over the black)...

Now I just talked to a friend of mine that bought one and is complaining that it is a pile of crap... I get over his place and he has a black bezel (purchased first week of Jan. 2011)...
    I asked him if it was used as I had never seen this black bezel anywhere and thought it was older...
    He of course saw mine and was like WTF why is yours silver and fancy like...

Was the black bezel the only difference in his model other than it being a 17" ?
    Why did they do such a hideous thing to the MBP?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The silver means its an anti-glare model. The regular glossy is black glass.

3. ICanHasEvrythng thread starter macrumors newbie

I am really glad I got the anti glare then LOL

Thanks for the info I could not figure out what was going on....

4. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

how does a macrumors demi god not know this?

5. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

That just means he's a contributing member.

Cheers,

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That title simply means that the user contributes to the site, not necessarily that they are experienced.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not everyone is born with the knowledge of how things work.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

you too can gain the wisdom of being a Demi God ... the more Demis the better for MR :cool:

9. Jakedono macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What is a Demi God? Sorry. Prob sound like a noob

10. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

They said it above. A Demi-God is a contributing Member to the site.

11. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Okay, I'll bite: why is your friend complaining? I love my black bezel glossy MBP and absolutely pound the crap out of it.

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Did you not know you were getting the Anti Glare model?

13. Dooger macrumors 6502

If you pay something like 25 quid to MR you get to choose whether you get Demi-God or Contributor as a title. They are no different to you and I my friend. Check the FAQ/Rules section near the top of this page for further info.

So what was your friend's problem with his MBP?
    Fwiw, I find the silver bezel a bit tacky and much prefer the black. Each to his own, eh?

14. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

On the note of people disliking their silver bezels, I am looking to trade my black bezel i7 MBP (mint condition) for silver bezel : )

15. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's all revealed here. :)

16. Built macrumors 68020

I prefer the black bezel. I'm not a big fan of bezels of a different color which might distract from the screen.

17. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

Apple only started using the black bezel on MacBook Pros with the glass glossy displays when they first appeared about 2008-2009. Previously, such as the Santa Rosa models and earlier, were all matte displays and had the silver bezel. None of the current antiglare models have a black bezel, they are all silver, and none of the glossy models have a silver bezel, the entire display surface is black (when turned off) and the bezel is black. It is like one entire flat pane of glass covering it....so when it it turned off, the glossy models look like one flat pane of black glossy glass. The antiglare models have the silver-aluminum display bezel around the display, which is not covered by a pane of glass. The display panel is not covered, so the bezel and the display are not one flat pane like the glossy models.

18. Jakedono macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Cheers ;)

19. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

If you pay $25/year can you add a avatar/display pic or you still need to post until you reach enough for a display pic for everyone to see?

20. simsaladimbamba

You still need 500 posts.

21. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

how do you check your post count?

22. alt macrumors regular

23. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

We should get to set an avatar but no, still have to hit 500. I need to be more talkative!

24. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Click on your name and look at the box on the right. For example you have 52, only 448 more to go :D

I'm pretty sure both the OP and my self do a lot more reading than posting. This site has been a big help for me in all things mac and I am happy to contribute.

25. easepease macrumors regular

personally i love the black bezel designs... i have to admit though my imac screen is like a freaking mirror if there is any light on in my room. Couldn't imagine working in an office all day with such a screen. that said i think the black bezel is great for watching videos and such but horrible for video/photo editing. just on aesthetics, me? I prefer the black, lets hope they get a black bezel anti glare next refresh... i am due for a notebook upgrade!